Tactical military active horizontal headphones 3M MT20H682BB-38 ComTac XPI PELTOR have replaced the old model 3M Peltor ComTac XP.
3M Peltor ComTac XPI NATO is designed for use in extreme situations and conditions when durable and reliable equipment is required. The headphones meet the strictest military requirements for reliability and functionality. The headphones are also equipped with the latest tactical functions, such as an equalizer, which allows the user to fully concentrate on the task. 3M Peltor MT73 is an improved microphone. Visually, the MT73 microphone is almost indistinguishable from its predecessor, but there are significant improvements in terms of technology: improved noise reduction, waterproofing (up to 3 meters deep for 30 minutes) and dust protection (IP68), improved communication in windy weather.
- Thin cups with high noise reduction (SNR 28).
- Tested to comply with IP68 standard and military technical requirements.
- Improved 3M Peltor MT73 microphone.
Active protection function with new parameters:
- Four tuning levels and sleep mode.
- Standby mode is confirmed by a voice message.
- Balance mode – adjusting the balance between the left and right headphones.
- Equalizer mode – adjusting and removing high or low frequencies.
- Shutdown time mode – specifying the time after which the tactical function is activated again.
- Horizontal headband, comfortable to wear headphones under a helmet.
- Cable in a Kevlar sheath.
- Battery life – approximately 500 hours.
- Low-profile ear cup design for wearing under most helmet models;
- Active protection function in stereo mode;
- Configurable menu with voice prompts;
- Removable microphone;
- Dual duplication of all electronic circuit functions;
- Moisture-resistant body and microphone;
- External communication and active protection functions are independent of each other, ensuring their maximum reliability and flexibility in operation;
- The external radio channel has priority and will be transmitted even if the headphones or power is turned off;
- Automatic headphone shutdown when idle;
- Low battery warning. An audible alarm will sound 5 minutes before the batteries are fully exhausted;
- Battery life up to 500 hours depending on external temperature;
- Balance mode – adjustment of balance between left and right headphone;
- Equalizer mode – adjustment and removal of high or low frequencies;
- Shutdown timer mode – specifying the time after which the tactical function is activated again;
- Headband made of high-quality steel in a horizontal design;
- Connection to the tangent through a Nexus TP-120 NATO standard jack;
- Power source: two AAA batteries;
- Noise reduction performance indicators: H (high) 31 dB, M (medium) 25 dB, L (low) 18 dB, SNR 28 dB.
- Balance mode
- Equalizer mode
- Active noise cancellation
Noise reduction performance indicators:
- High (H) 31 dB (without noise-reducing inserts)
- Medium (M) 25 dB
- Low (L) 18 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) 28 dB
- Automatic shutdown function
- Armored cable
- Volume control
- Moisture-resistant IP68 body
- Operating time 500 hours
- Battery type AAA x2
Improvements and differences of 3M Peltor Comtac XPI compared to its predecessor Comtac XP:
• Improved sealing of the battery compartment from moisture
• Wide voice menu
• Volume of connected radios can now be adjusted
• In Ear-Plug mode, the volume of the connected radio is also increased
• Adjustable microphone gain
• Added silent mode – quickly turn off external microphones.